Friday, July 30, 2010

Peach season


Peaches n cream oats
August is the only time I get to have peaches n cream. I refuse to have an out of season peach, they are horrible. I picked up a local peach last weekend and I have been waiting all week for it to ripen all week. Finally this morning it was ready to be eaten. The best peaches will be out in about a week or two, so this one wasn't the best but was still good.

1/4 cup oat bran
2 TB. Bob's apple cinnamon hot cereal
1/4 cup water
1/4 tsp. chia seeds
splash soymilk (for the cream)
1/3 of a diced peach
mix together

Topped with
almond butter
drizzle of pure maple syrup
Tj's low fat almond granola
dark chocolate chips (I got a little carried away and didn't eat all of them)

This breakfast was very filling and I wasn't able to finish all of it. I'm feeling a little full right now.

1 comment:

  1. that sounds really good. I have a peach from the farmers market - maybe I'll add it to oats tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete