Thursday, June 17, 2010

Comfort food in summer?

After work I jumped in the car and headed to the gym and did an upper body workout, lifting some super heavy weights. I then hit the stairs for 40 min. of sweating it out with some HIT my favorite.


The rain just wont stop here. In Oregon we are definitely not having summer weather yet. I came home to dinner ready and waiting. Some turkey chili that I made and put in the crock pot this morning.

Ground lean Tj's turkey
1 can red kidney beans

1 can black beans
1 can diced tomatoes
1 jar salsa
1 can tomato paste
spices: oregano, salt, pepper, garlic, cumin, and chili pepper


I also made a little salsa relish for the top of the chili with some lemon, garlic, tomato, papaya, avocado, cilantro, salt, pepper, and oregano.

No comments:

Post a Comment