Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Bowl of energy and goodness


Here's a tip for storing dry ingredients.
I like to store them in mason jars, that way you can see what's in each jar, and they are easy to open. They also looks cute and retro. I probably have about 20 of these in my pantry in various sizes.

This morning I made power oats.
I'm going to dancers workout and turbo kickboxing today. I haven't been in a few weeks due to vacation/work/and power outage last week. So I want to make sure I'm fueled and ready to go with lots of energy.

1/4 cup oat bran
2 TB. Bob's apple cinnamon hot cereal
1/2 cup water (extra water for extra volume)
1/4 tsp. chia seeds
1/4 diced and warmed up for 20 sec. banana
mix together

Topped with some frozen blueberries, almond butter, and unsweetened coconut. I think this bowl should keep me full and energized throughout my tough workout.

2 comments:

  1. I'm working at home today, which can be very isolating. But I keep an eye on your website to see what you're up to. It gives me a sense of community. I'll let you do so kickboxing for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops,make that some kickboxing, not so kickboxing.

    ReplyDelete