Thursday, May 6, 2010

Perefect lunch after an intense workout

At the gym this morning I did Day 2 of the upper body challenge. I started with 15min. on the spinning bike followed by supersets working chest, back, shoulders, biceps, and triceps. I did reps of 16-18 and 2 sets per exercise. After working upper body I did 30 min. on the stairs. I beat my highest speed level today. I'm trying to increase the speed each time. I do intervals alternating from top speed to a medium speed to catch my breath and then back up to top speed. It keeps your body guessing and you burn more calories then if you kept it at a consistent speed.

Change is good when it comes to exercise.

When I got home it was lunch time

Lunch consisted of some green tea along with an open faced sandwich on Great Harvest honey whole wheat bread with hummus, turkey, and mixed greens. I also had a curry wheat berry salad on the side.

I was craving a slice of this bread and I also needed to have some protein.

The salad was a mix of wheat berries, carrots, broccoli, and raisins. It's one of my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment