Sunday, March 14, 2010

Stuffed peppers


Stuffed Red Peppers
These little guys were a little tough to stuff. They were sliding around and toppling over. It got a little messy, but once they were done they were really good.

I cut two red peppers in half and stuffed them with a mix of:
Rice a Roni whole grain Spanish rice, cooked per box instructions with 1/4 of tomato puree added.
In a saute pan I cooked 2 cloves of chopped garlic, 1/4 of a diced onion, 3 diced Roma tomatoes, and diced Tj's turkey polish sausage. Once the rice was done I mixed the rice and sausage mixture together with 1/2 cup of salsa, 1 tsp. oregano, dash chili seasoning, and a dash of cumin. I stuffed the peppers and topped them with parsley and some reduced fat cheddar cheese. I baked them in the oven at 350 degree's for 30 min.

2 comments:

  1. I've read if you cut a little bit of the bottom off the peppers to make it flat and stuff them whole they don't wiggle as much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea, I hadn't made these in a long time. After I cut them Jeff said aren't you supposed to leave them whole and stuff the inside. Too bad he didn't say that about 5 min. earlier.

    ReplyDelete