Thursday, February 4, 2010

Smoked salmon quinoa


Smoked Salmon quinoa

Recipe:
Quinoa (cooked in vegetable stock per the instructions)
2 Tb. herb mix www.msbritts.com
cooked in the quinoa
After it was finished cooking I added
smoked salmon (I got mine at the local fish market Tony's)
the juice of 1 small lemon
1tsp. dill
dash salt and pepper
sprinkle of feta
mix together and serve

This was an adaption from Tuesday night's tuna, quinoa and brown rice medley. Jeff preferred the creaminess of the tuna dish and I preferred the smoked salmon variety, but both were good.
I'm a big fan of doing different adaptions of recipes, so you will be seeing that a lot in the future.

My dad smoked some salmon for Christmas and I liked his better than Tony's. My dad's was softer and more delicate. I think I'm going to have to get some good wild salmon and do some smoking of my own.


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. I would have never thought about putting salmon with the grains. Sounds good.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you figured out some way to post.

    ReplyDelete