Thursday, February 25, 2010

Chili mac

Chili Mac
I used half of last nights cooked ground turkey and saved it for tonight. I than re created it into chili mac.

I mixed in a big soup pot 1 can each of black beans, red kidney beans, and white beans, along with the ground turkey
(I would suggest only using 2 cans of beans, it was a bean overload). I also added 1 large can of diced tomatoes with the juice and the rest of the jar of fire roasted salsa from last night. I added 1/2 of a diced onion and 1 cup of diced shredded carrots for texture and to up the veggies. I also added 1 cup whole wheat elbow pasta and 2 cups water. I mixed in some salt and pepper, 1 tsp. each of garlic flakes, cumin, and chili pepper, and 1 Tb. of Mrs. Britts seasoning.

Cook on medium for 10 min. or until pasta is cooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment